Where to Buy
Fast, effective relief for your tough pain. For adults and children over 12 years of age.
MOTRIN® Liquid Gels contain ibuprofen – a fast-acting pain reliever that stops headache and migraine pain where it starts.
Available in two strengths: Regular Strength (200 mg) and Super Strength (400 mg).
Fast and effective relief of pain from:
- muscle aches and pain, joint and body pain, backache, muscle sprains and strains,
- pain of inflammation associated with conditions including: arthritis, physical or athletic overexertion (e.g. sprains or strains),
- headaches including tension headaches,
- dental pain,
- menstrual pain,
- aches and pain due to the common cold and flu.
Temporary relief of mild to moderate migraine headaches including associated symptoms of nausea, and sensitivity to light and sound.
Reduction of fever.
MOTRIN® 200 mg Liquid Gels (Regular Strength)200 mg of Ibuprofen (free acid and potassium salt)MOTRIN® 400 mg Liquid Gels (Super Strength)400 mg of Ibuprofen (free acid and potassium salt)
MOTRIN® 200 mg Liquid Gels (Regular Strength)gelatin, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitolMOTRIN® 400 mg Liquid Gels (Super Strength)gelatin, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol
MOTRIN® 200 mg Liquid Gels (Regular Strength)
Adults and children over 12: Take 1 (every 4 hours) or 2 (every 6-8 hours) capsules as needed. Do not exceed 6 capsules in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor.
MOTRIN® 400 mg Liquid Gels (Super Strength)
Adults and children over 12: Take 1 capsule every 6-8 hours as needed. Do not exceed 3 capsules in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor.
Do not use longer than 3 days for a fever or 5 days for pain relief. Do not give to children under 12. Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration.
In case of overdose, call a Poison Control Centre or a doctor immediately, even if there are no symptoms.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take your medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not take two doses at the same time.
Stomach upset is one of the common problems with NSAIDs. To lessen stomach upset, take this medicine immediately after a meal or with food or milk. If stomach upset (indigestion, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain or diarrhea) occurs and continues, contact your doctor.
ABOUT THIS MEDICATION:
MOTRIN® Liquid Gels should not be used if you:
- are taking acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) or any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication, including any other ibuprofen product.
- are allergic or have had a reaction to ibuprofen, acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or salicylates, or to any ingredient in the formulation (see non-medicinal ingredients). Allergic reactions may appear as hives, difficulty breathing, shock, skin reddening, rash or blisters, swelling of the face or throat, or sudden collapse.
- have nasal polyps (swelling of the inside of the nose), or allergic manifestations such as asthma, anaphylaxis (sudden severe life-threatening anaphylactic reactions), urticaria/hives, rhinitis (stuffed or runny nose that may be due to allergies), skin rash or other allergic symptoms.
- have been diagnosed with severe high blood pressure or have severe coronary artery disease.
- are dehydrated (significant fluid loss) due to vomiting, diarrhea or lack of fluid intake.
- have active or recurrent stomach ulcer, gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding, or active inflammatory bowel disease (e.g. Crohn’s, colitis).
- have serious liver or kidney disease.
- have systemic lupus erythematosus.
- are in your third trimester of pregnancy.
- recently had or are about to have heart surgery.
- have high potassium in the blood.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS:
- Caution in those with heart failure, high blood pressure or other conditions that may cause excess fluid collecting in tissues.
- Caution in patients prone to gastrointestinal tract irritation, including those with a history of peptic ulcer. The chance of stomach bleeding is higher if you are: age 60 or older, have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems, take a blood thinner or steroid drug, take with other drugs containing an NSAID like acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), ibuprofen, naproxen, or prescription anti-inflammatory drugs, have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
- Caution in patients at risk of kidney problems, including the elderly or those using diuretics.
- Stop use immediately if you have difficulty or pain when urinating.
- Use during pregnancy or breastfeeding should be avoided.
BEFORE you use MOTRIN® Liquid Gels talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you:
- have previous or current stomach ulcers, high blood pressure, asthma, heart failure, heart disease or thyroid disease, kidney or liver disease, glaucoma, diabetes, alcoholism, a history of stomach bleeding, or any other serious disease or condition.
- are taking any drug including over the counter drugs.
- are trying to conceive, in your first or second trimester of pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- have a blood-clotting disorder (e.g. hemophilia, sickle cell anemia, etc.).
- are on a special diet (e.g. low-sodium).
Use with caution in the elderly.
Long-term continuous use may increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- you show signs of stomach bleeding.
- pain worsens or lasts more than 5 days.
- fever worsens or lasts more than 3 days.
- any new symptoms appear.
INTERACTIONS WITH THIS MEDICATION:
Do not use MOTRIN® Liquid Gels if you are taking daily low dose ASA (81 – 325 mg), without talking to a doctor or pharmacist. Ibuprofen may interfere with the preventive benefits of ASA.
Drugs that may interact with MOTRIN® Liquid Gels include:
acetaminophen, anticoagulants (blood thinners), digoxin, oral antidiabetic agents and insulin, diuretics, methotrexate, lithium, protein-bound drugs including probenecid, thyroxine, antibiotics, cyclosporine, phenytoin, corticosteroids or benzodiazepines, other NSAIDs, or medications for high blood pressure.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist what prescription drugs you are taking or plan to take.
SIDE EFFECTS AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM:
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM Symptom / effect Talk with your doctor or pharmacist Stop taking drug and seek immediate emergency medical attention Only if severe In all cases Uncommon Chills, fever, muscle aches or pains, or other flu-like symptoms shortly before or together with a skin rash ✓ Bloody or black tarry stools ✓ Hives or itching, skin reddening, blisters ✓ Blurred vision ✓ Swelling of feet or lower legs ✓ Hearing problems (ringing or buzzing in the ears) ✓ Mental confusion or depression ✓ Shortness of breath, troubled breathing, asthma, sinusitis (nasal congestion), wheezing, or tightness in the chest ✓ Vomiting blood ✓ Yellow discoloration of the skin or eyes, with or without fatigue ✓ Any changes in the amount or colour of your urine (such as dark; red or brown), any pain or difficulty experienced in urination, loss of appetite, dizziness, or light headedness ✓ Heart Failure ✓
The most common side effects with this medication are indigestion, nausea, or vomiting, heartburn, dizziness, and skin rashes.
The other side effects, which might be seen, are sudden abdominal pain or long-term abdominal pain with the loss of appetite and/or jaundice and/or new onset of itching, diarrhea, bloating, constipation, abdominal cramp, headache, nervousness, drowsiness, itching, decreased appetite, sleeplessness and fluid retention.
If these symptoms persist or become bothersome, contact your doctor. In addition to checking with your doctor, if these serious side effects occur, stop taking this medication.
Side effects may be minimized by using the smallest dose for the shortest duration of time.
This is not a complete list of side effects. For any unexpected effects while taking MOTRIN® Liquid Gels , contact your doctor or pharmacist.
HOW TO STORE IT:
Store at 15 - 30°C. Protect from heat and humidity.
Keep out of reach of children. This package contains enough medicine to seriously harm a child.
* Use only as directed.