- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
- CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 2.19ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned; HTTP status code of 404 was returned;
Where to Buy
Available in non-staining Dye Free Berry flavour.
Pain and fever relief for infants ages 4 months ─ 2 years.
With Infants’ MOTRIN® Suspension Drops, you can relieve your baby’s pain fast, and bring fevers down for up to 8 hours.
Fever and temporary relief of minor aches and pains due to:
- Sore Throat
- Teething Pain
- Common colds & flu
- Body aches, sprains & strains
For complete directions for use and warnings, always refer to the product insert/booklet provided with the product.
Active Ingredient Purpose
(in each 1 mL)
Ibuprofen 40 mg (NSAID*)……Pain Reliever, Fever Reducer
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Citric acid, flavour, glycerin, polysorbate 80, pregelatinized corn starch, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucrose, xanthan gum.
Shake suspension well before use.
Infants’ MOTRIN® concentrated drops are not the same concentration as Children’s MOTRIN®.
Measure dose with oral syringe provided and ensure the complete dose is taken.
Oral syringe should be rinsed and dried between uses.
Replace child-resistant cap after each use.
For accurate dosing, only use the enclosed oral syringe and follow the instructions carefully. If possible, dose according to body weight.
Weight Age Single Oral Dose lb kg Months mL Under 12 Under 5.5 Under 4 As directed by a doctor 12 - 17 5.5 - 7.9 4 - 11 1.25 18 - 23 8 - 10.9 12 - 23 1.875
Single dose may be repeated every 6 to 8 hours as needed.
Do not exceed 4 doses of ibuprofen per day unless advised by a doctor.
Do not use for more than 3 days for fever or 5 days for pain unless directed by a doctor. Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration.
While uncommon, if stomach upset occurs, Infants’ MOTRIN® can be given with food or milk. If stomach upset persists, talk to your doctor.
Overdose: In case of accidental overdose, even if there are no symptoms, call a doctor or Poison Control Centre at once.
ABOUT THIS MEDICATION:
Infants’ MOTRIN® should not be used:
- if your child is taking ibuprofen, acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) or other pain or fever medication
- if your child is allergic to any of the ingredients in this product (symptoms include facial or throat swelling, shortness of breath, low blood pressure)
- if your child has peptic ulcers or gastrointestinal bleeding (bleeding in the urine or stool, or black stools)
- if your child has Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- if your child is suffering from dehydration caused by diarrhea, vomiting or lack of fluid
- right before or after heart surgery
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS:
Stomach bleeding warning: This product may cause stomach bleeding. Symptoms may include:
- feeling faint
- vomiting blood
- bloody or black stools
The chance of stomach bleeding is higher if your child has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems, takes a blood thinner or steroid drug, takes with other drugs containing an NSAID like acetylsalicylic acid (ASA), ibuprofen, naproxen, or prescription anti-inflammatory drugs.
Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to ASA. Stop use and get medical help right away if your child has: severe itching, hives, swelling of eyes and mouth, skin blisters/rash, difficulty breathing, shock.
BEFORE giving Infants’ MOTRIN® to your child, talk to your doctor or pharmacist if your child:
- is dehydrated (significant fluid loss) due to continued vomiting, diarrhea or lack of fluid intake
- is suffering from stomach pain
- has peptic ulcers, high blood pressure, heart failure, serious kidney or liver disease, asthma, diabetes, or is under a doctor’s care for any other serious condition or is taking any other drug
- has a history of gastrointestinal disease, blood clotting problems, or is taking an anticoagulant
Also, see your doctor if:
- your child does not get any relief within 24 hours
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- your child’s sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days or occurs with fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting
- your child develops any vision problems (blurred or reduced vision, colour changes occur)
- any new symptoms occur
Long-term continuous use may increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
INTERACTIONS WITH THIS MEDICATION:
Talk to your doctor if your child is taking coumarin-type anticoagulants, diuretics (water tablets), digoxin, methotrexate, phenytoin, lithium salt, as some drug interaction could occur.
SIDE EFFECTS AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM:
If unusual symptoms or any of the following reactions develop during treatment, stop use and see a doctor immediately:
- skin rash or itching, dizziness, any change in vision, ringing or buzzing in the ears, nausea or vomiting, abdominal pain or cramps, diarrhea or constipation, heartburn, bloating, fluid retention, indigestion, headache, decreased appetite
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS, HOW OFTEN THEY HAPPEN AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM Symptom/effect Talk with your doctor or pharmacist Only if severe In all cases Common Dizziness ✔ Uncommon Blurred/reduced vision ✔ Vision colour changes ✔ Ringing in ears ✔ Blood in urine or stool ✔ Swelling of mouth, throat and extremities ✔ Difficulty breathing ✔ Abdominal pain ✔ Severe skin rash ✔ Weight gain/fluid retention ✔ Bruising ✔
This is not a complete list of side effects. For any unexpected side effects while taking Infants’ MOTRIN®, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
HOW TO STORE:
Store at room temperature, 15°C - 30°C.
Keep this and all medication out of the reach of children.
Child resistant package.